Linda’s programs include information on the following topics:
- Visual Strategies for Improving Communication
- Solving Behavior Problems with Visual Strategies
- How to use visual strategies to help students develop effective social skills
- Low Tech to High Tech visual tools including video and tablets such as iPads and Apps
Programs are designed to provide a framework for understanding the unique communication and learning needs of the targeted students. Her workshops are packed with lots of samples and examples of practical, easy to implement, intervention strategies that have been used successfully to improve communication, behavior and social participation.
Strategies discussed in Linda’s programs are appropriate for ages early childhood through adult. They can be used effectively with individuals of varying ability levels and in a variety of environments.
Typical Program Participant Objectives:
In the Visual Strategies Workshops™, participants will:
- Identify significant factors in student learning and functioning style that affect communication.
- Explore causes of social and behavior problems and their relationship to communication.
- Learn guidelines for effective informal assessment.
- Acquire skills to develop visual tools and supports to increase the student’s reliable and consistent understanding.
- Learn efficient ways to use visual tools to improve behavior, teach social skills and increase effective participation throughout daily routines in home, school, and community environments.
- Experience a wide variety of samples and examples of easy-to-use visual supports that have been successful for improving communication, developing social skills and solving behavior problems.
These strategies have application for home, school, and community environments.
Typical Audiences Include:
- Teachers of Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- General and Special Educators who work with students with a variety of moderate to severe learning, communication or behavior challenges
- Teacher’s Aides paraprofessionals, one-on-one assistants
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Social Workers
- Occupational and Physical Therapists
- Parents & Grandparents of children with special needs
- Support Personnel who are involved with educational programming for these students
Here’s What Participants Say About Linda’s Presentations:
Popular Program Formats:
- One-Day Workshop .
- Two- Day Workshop .
- Keynote Programs .
- Specially Designed Conference Programs .
- Pre-conference Workshops .
Resources For Event Planners
For your convenience I am providing some information you will need for your program planning. Contact Linda Hodgdon to arrange a program for your group