Note: This DVD version of this program will be shipped to you. It’s an excellent resource for staff training, parent training and to include in your lending library.
The Visual Strategies Workshop is a 5-part set (total playing time just over 2.5 hours) filmed at a live presentation of Linda Hodgdon’s popular and innovative workshop. It provides lots of information about how to use visual strategies and it is packed with samples and examples of visual strategies that have proven successful with students who experience Autism Spectrum Disorders and other moderate to severe communication or behavior challenges. The information in the Visual Strategies Workshop is pertinent for every educator or parent who provides support for these students.
Multi-user license available for school or library. Please contact us for details.
Visual Strategies Workshop
This program provides lots of information about how to use visual strategies and is packed with samples and examples of visual strategies that have proven successful with autistic students and others who experience moderate to severe communication or behavior challenges.
In the Visual Strategies Workshop, Linda Hodgdon will teach you to:
- Identify significant factors in student learning and functioning style that affect communication
- Informally assess the student’s communication strengths and challenges
- Recognize specific situations where communication breakdowns can affect student understanding, behavior, and participation
- Create and use specific visual supports that have significantly improved student communication, behavior and participation.
Own this program and you will have:
- Economical, quality in-service training for continually changing staff
- Exceptional training material to teach best practices for students with autism
- Excellent resources for parent support and information
- Extraordinary information for teacher education programs
Visual Strategies Workshop contents:
- DVD 1: Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorders and Communication
- DVD 2: Informally Assessing Communication: Students, Partners, and Environments
- DVD 3: Samples & Examples of Visual Strategies
- DVD 4: More Samples & Examples of Visual Strategies plus Visual Strategies: Parent Interview
- DVD 5: How to Create Visual Tools plus Potpourri of Commonly Asked Questions